Shazam Launches Completely Redesigned App for iPad with New Features for Deeper Engagement and Exploration
New features include Auto-Tagging, exciting new discovery home screen, tag charts for any city, and improved experience
London – 23 May 2013 - Shazam®, the world's leading media engagement company, today launched a complete redesign of its app for iPad fans, including a new discovery home screen, an improved layout for Shazam tag results for both TV and music, and a new way to browse what your friends have been watching and listening to. The updated app also launches an exclusive new Auto-Tagging feature that helps you continually recognize and engage with any media playing around you, including music, television programs, and TV advertisements -- automatically. The new app design for iPad is sponsored by the Fiat Brand and Fox Broadcasting Company for the first three months after launch.
For iPad, the redesigned Shazam App gives users new streams of activity, enabling them to see in real time and explore the songs people are listening to right now and, in the US, the TV shows people are currently watching. Shazam is also bringing to its iPad experience for the first time two popular features – lightning-fast tagging that enables recognition in as little as one second and full-screen LyricPlay™ lyrics, which plays the lyrics on-screen in time with the music. The new app adds a fascinating new interactive mapping feature enabling music fans to explore what people are listening to in any city around the world.
"We have seen amazing growth and expansion in both the number of people who use Shazam on iPad as well as their level of engagement," said Rich Riley, Shazam CEO. "With more than 300 million Shazamers globally who use the app more than ten million times each day to discover more about the music and television they are interested in, we have created an exciting and engaging new iPad experience for existing and new users."
When Shazam fans download the new app or update to this new version, they can experience great new features that encourage and enable discovery and exploration, some of which are also available in the experience for iPhone and iPod touch:
· Auto-tagging, so that people never miss discovering new songs, experiencing more with TV shows and live TV events, and getting more info or special offers for TV ads they are interested in (available on iPad only);
· An exciting new design featuring an innovative home screen that invites exploration to see what TV shows* and music people are currently tagging, as well as find out what's most popular in the Shazam Tag Charts (available on iPad only);
· An interactive mapping feature, enabling fans to zoom in to any city in the world to discover, buy and share the most popular music people are listening to in that location – starting at the continent level, then drilling down into the country, state/region, city and even to the town level, in some cases;
· Integrated streaming with Rdio. Tag results enable fans to instantly listen to the song again if they have a subscription to Rdio or sign-up for an Rdio trial subscription;
· An improved Shazam Friends feature, providing people with one of the best ways to discover new music and media from their friends as well as giving them quick access to preview and comment on their friends' tags;
· Lightning-fast tagging, so that people can identify what they're watching or listening to in as little as one second;
· Sharing that's easier than ever, including a streamlined way to tell your friends about your finds via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and email; and,