The reason being is that the service appears to start up when your PC boots up and runs silently in the background.
If this is your situation, what you need to do is the following in Windows 7:
1. Click on the Start button
2. Type services.msc in the Run field and either press enter or click on services.msc
2. Find and select Adobe Acrobat Update Service.
3. Double click on it to bring up its properties, click on the Stop button and then click the drop down box for Startup type and select Disabled.
4. Click on the OK button to apply the changes.
5. Reboot your computer and that service will be stopped.
I hope this helps someone out in virtual land. And remember if you like Techlick and the tech news that gets published here maybe you might consider becoming a sponsor so this evolutionary technical platform can continue its never ending quest to become your one stop portal for tech news.
Author Bio - Rob Meyers earned his Bachelors in Business Management and Masters in Information Systems and then decided to start Techlick since there is so much information about tech out there on the web why not put it all in one place so it is easier to read. If you need any web development, technical tutorials or technical development projects managed for your business please contact me - thanks again and have a great day!
Care to donate and become a sponsor to keep Techlick growing please click here.
Thanks again for stopping by and have a great day!